Carr & Joy's Sanibel 18
Last Updated: April 27, 2010
CVI - Captiva Yachts, Inc., Oldsmar, Florida.
0132A - Probably the 132nd boat built.
F7 - Built June 1987.
88 -Model Year 1988.
Carr & Joy bought Adagio but I am keeping Ron's pivot bolt modifications.
Ron's modification to Centerboard Pivot bolt area:
- Pivot bolt area thickness built up with fiberglass cloth and epoxy to approx. 5/16” on each surface. (Had to cut larger area Approx. 6” x 8”) on cabin sole side of liner for fiberglassing.)
- Added sleeve (bushing) around pivot bolt ( helps keep the bolt from turning when raising/lowering centerboard (CB)), slipped in enlarged CB pivot hole, the width of the CB trunk at the pivot bolt area.
- Extra fiberglass thickness, and the need for no threads until after the fiberglass surface, required new stainless pivot bolt.
- Two O-Rings (approx. 1/16” or a little larger cross-section) slipped onto the bolt, backed by washers. Outside surfaces of the fiberglass were chamfered about 45 deg. to fit the o-ring and leave a little pressure between the bolt and the O-Ring.
- Bolt installed with very little waterproof grease. (Very little so it doesn't get on the fiberglass and bolt area that is sealed in next step.) This is tightened lightly then coated with RTV around the outside of the bolt, nut, and washers.